Advertisements are meant to grab your attention, if they're made right. In order for an Ad to grab my attention, it has to stand out. It has to be out of the ordinary. There should be good music in it. Not annoying music because I'll just change the channel if I don't like the tune. The Ad has to have meaning and leave you wanting more.
I remember seeing a commercial on television when I was younger, it was one of the Pepsi commercials that were always very entertaining. It was one of my favorites because Brittney Spears, Beyonce, and Pink were in it. It was so memorable because they were all singing one of my favorite songs. “We Will Rock You” by Queen was the song they sang. It took place in what it seemed like the colosseum. They were all dressed up like gladiators and they each had a different weapon. They were using the weapons to make the beat of the Queen song. Then Brittney Spears, Beyonce, and Pink came out of their cages and onto the colosseum to fight each other. They were forced by Enrique Iglesias who is supposed to be the king. The king is watching expecting a fight between them and the animals but instead the three girls came out to rally the crowd with song. The king was outraged because they were not fighting each other. There was a big cooler filled with Pepsi colas and ice by the king. Since the crowd was stomping their feet and clapping their hands, the cooler filled with Pepsi fell onto the floor and Brittney Spears, Beyonce, and Pink got to drink the Pepsi colas. The king fell from his thrown into the middle of the colosseum where they showed a lion walking towards him. Then the commercial ends with Brittney Spears, Beyonce, and Pink throwing Pepsi colas to everyone in the audience. I thought that this was one of the most entertaining commercials I have ever seen.
Here is the link if you want to see a good commercial. ENJOY!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfxwXneCtEM
I truly enjoyed this commercial because of where it took place and the song that became known through different instruments. I am not a fan of soda products, but the ad made me want to go out and buy one. The rhythm of the tune most definitely captured my attention and made me grow anxious with anticipation as I waited to see what would happen next. I liked the scene which displayed the Roman Coliseum (very classic setting), also adding to the entertainment was the suspense of not knowing what would become of the three women warriors. When they joined in musically with the tunes of “Queen”, it seemed rather persuasive and left me hesitant to change the channel. This Pepsi advertisement was certainly eye catching to and I am sure I could say the same for a number of others. You gave an awesome description of this commercial advertisement Emily.
ReplyDelete