Hey! My name is Emily and I’m from super hot all the time Miami, Florida. I’ve lived in Miami all my life. My parents have been divorced since I was five years old. I have a brother named Alex and a half sister named Amie. I have a boyfriend named Alex back home and I miss him very much. It’s kind of weird having a brother and a boyfriend named Alex. I’m still not used to it. I like to play basketball and softball. I love all kinds of music. Music has always calmed me down if I ever had a problem or if I was ever stressed. I’ve been in Choir since the second grade. I was in my high school’s top choir group that you had to try out for. The group was called Killian Singers and we’re on Youtube if anyone wants to look us up, we're under ‘Killian Chorus’. My favorite football team has always been the University of Miami since I was a little girl. I guess because my parents are huge U.M. fans that I just grew up loving that team. I don’t feel like I’m “betraying” my University by being a fan of another schools football team because FGCU doesn’t have a football team yet. Although, I heard we might have one very soon so I’m looking forward to that!
I’m majoring in secondary social science education because one day I want to become a high school history teacher. That might sound kind of boring to most but history has always been my favorite subject. In a way, history warns us from others mistakes that have happened in the past and it is our job not to repeat their mistakes in the future by learning our history. I guess that pretty much sums it up. I would love to get to know everyone in class so feel free to ask me anything.
Hi Emily!
ReplyDeleteI think it's really neat that you want to major in history, I've always liked history in school cause it's such a fascinating subject. My dad loves history too and he actually got a degree in history when he went back to college to get his Masters Degree. I don't know I just think it's really interesting when people like history or have a subject that really sparks their interests.
Do you think you'll ever get used to having your boyfriends name the same name as your brother? That would always trip me up ha. Still, that's really funny nonetheless.
Do you think that there is a real big difference between college and high school? All the teachers I had in high school always made this big deal out of college saying it would be ridiculously hard and there were so many more expectations that regular high school teachers had. I think now that there kinda is a difference but nowhere near as much exaggeration as they put out.
I've been to Miami before, a bunch of my relatives live down there and it's a really nice in some areas. We went to this one part of the beach and there were all these really fancy hotels and parties going on and it was really insane to watch. I'd love to go back down there sometime hopefully before I graduate college.
Well, I'll see you later in class!!
Hey! My parents got divorced when I was five too! I also have a half-brother. I love playing basketball we should play sometime. I was in choir too but only for 9th-11th grade but we weren’t good enough to be on you tube lol. I think you wanting to be a high school history teacher is great. It takes a lot of patience to deal with high school students! When I was younger I used to want to be a teacher but I officially decided I’m going to be a wedding planner. I'll see you in class!
ReplyDeleteI watched your chorus and it's very good! My mom sings in our local Sweet Adeline chorus called "Spirit of the Gulf" and they're seventh in the world!
ReplyDelete